Food Pantry Manager
Part-Time / 40 views
Job Title: St. George Community Cupboard Manager
Hours: part-time, 8-10 hours per week, $15/hr.
Reports to: St. George CDC Office Manager (Alane Kennedy)
The Saint George Community Cupboard is run under the auspices of the St. George Community Development Corporation. As such, it is a non-profit, able to accept donations of goods and money. The Cupboard is overseen by a working group, who set its agenda in consultation with the CDC advisory board and Office Manager. Volunteers staff the cupboard, keeping it clean and stocked, rotating out produce that’s gone by or items past their sell-by dates, and ensuring clients have a confidential and pleasant experience. The job of the manager involves overseeing the volunteers, maintaining client records, ensuring a healthful and varied stock, providing monthly reporting, and ensuring that the Community Cupboard is a place where volunteers and clients feel welcome, safe, and respected.
- Accept and acknowledge donations.
- Maintain inventory by supplementing donations as needed and creating a wish-list of items to guide donors, while adhering to the budget.
- Train volunteers on food safety, confidentiality, and cupboard policies and best practices.
- Maintain volunteer schedule. Fill in if no volunteers schedule for a given shift.
- Maintain client records.
- Track inventory.
- Update/modify pantry offerings as needed.
- Become familiar with, and ensure compliance with, USDA guidelines.
- Ensure that cupboard practices comply with USDA guidelines for food pantries.
- Attend Knox County area food banks quarterly meetings.
- All other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills and/or abilities an individual needs to perform this job well.
High school diploma or GED required
Customer service experienced desired
Retail experience desired
Ability to communicate with volunteers, clients, and organizations with whom the Community Cupboard interacts in a warm and respectful manner
Ability to use inventory tracking software
Comfort with general computer and social media programs and apps
Good organizational abilities
Ability to push, move, lift and carry up to 50 pounds
Mail resume and cover letter to:
St. George CDC, ATTN: Search Committee, PO Box 160, Tenants Harbor, ME 04860
A review will begin February 1 and will continue until we have filled the position.